Thursday, February 20, 2014

Suggestion for Convention Goers

Maybe get all your vaccines up to date.  You're killing me, nearly literally. 

That said, Katsucon was a huge blast, all the people were awesome (except for the risque costumes),  and we didn't get deathly ill until later.  I blame the buffet at the National Harbor, which is completely baseless speculation, but it's the only thing my wife and I both partook of that the kids held back on and we got sick immediately while they carried on for three days unaffected.  Big old waste of money for bland vaguely Asiatic food and stale rock hard desserts even if it wasn't dodgy (it probably wasn't, the kids also used the hand sanitizer much more than we did).

(Please don't sue me, National Harbor, this is just one person's unfounded opinion about vague possibilities due to limited anecdotal evidence)




I wish I had a few billion dollars to buy up and return the most offensive houses on the Virginia side and the national harbor itself to forest and swampland.  It's pretty for Las Vegas, but not for DC.

No comments: