Monday, February 24, 2014

Google Maps Redesign Review

Short Version: Use Bing Maps instead.

Long Version: I don't want a mapping application that takes a lot of guess-clicking to do basic things like look at the current traffic where I am and shows me different controls depending where I am or what I'm doing.  I want the UI to stay static so I don't have to remember a byzantine series of chinese-box-opening steps to perform various actions.  And the "Peggy" thing is obviously a knockoff of Clippy.  Either treat me like a web app using genius or idiot, but not both, please.  It's beyond condescending.  It's aggressively and directly insulting.

Looong Version: Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

No comments: