Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Route:--Elev. Avg:20 ft
Location:Alexandria, VAElev. Gain:-3 ft
Date:06/23/09Up/Downhill: [+111/-114]
Time:08:21 PMDifficulty:2.0 / 5.0
Weather:Mostly Cloudy
 75 F temp; 71% humidity
 78 F heat index; winds S 5

Distance: 4.00 miles
Speed:6.6 mph
Pace:9' 07 /mi
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
18' 40-0' 276.9+0.30 ft
29' 23+0' 166.4-0.2+20 ft
39' 07+0' 006.6-0.00 ft
48' 56-0' 116.7+0.1-23 ft
end********** ft
Versus average of 9' 07 min/mile
** Insufficient data to calculate this split

Posted from bimactive.com

What's Next?

Not sure.

Monday, June 22, 2009

What the Heck, Liferay?

So I configured liferay to use mysql.  I've done this a million times for oracle, but this is a personal site, so I'm using mysql instead:


Which is great.  Way back when 5.2.2 was new (I'm using their binaries from the liferay/tomcat 6 bundle), I ran and saw "Detecting dialog for mysql" in the catalina log and thought that was that.  What I didn't notice was that it's not only using mysql, it's using hsql too.

Loading file:/usr/local/liferay-portal-5.2.2/tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/wol-portlet/WEB-INF/classes/service.properties
04:00:37,102 INFO  [DialectDetector:64] Determining dialect for MySQL 5
04:00:37,103 INFO  [DialectDetector:97] Using dialect org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
04:00:37,796 INFO  [DialectDetector:64] Determining dialect for HSQL Database Engine 1
04:00:37,797 WARN  [DialectDetector:79] Liferay is configured to use Hypersonic as its database. Do NOT use Hypersonic in production. Hypersonic is an embedded database useful for development and demo'ing purposes. The database settings can be changed in portal.properties.
04:00:37,833 INFO  [DialectDetector:97] Using dialect org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect

So now I have to figure out how to migrate hsql data to mysql, which apparently the mysql migration tool can do, but that's one more thing I have to go do that I shouldn't have needed.  I discovered this bug when preparing to migrate to 5.2.3.  I made a db dump but it seemed small, so I looked and there were zero insert statements for users or the site or anything important.  Major bummer.