Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sore Throat

When you have a PPO health care plan, you don't need a referral to see
a doc. So you can just look up whatever specialty fixes what ails
you, make an appointment, and go. Unless you have a sore throat.
Then when you search for Otolaryngogolists (I don't know why that word
has two g's; it's a fancy way to say Ear, Nose, Throat doc) you find a
bunch of people with websites that focus on hearing problems and
plastic surgery. I might be alone here, but I don't want to see a
fucking plastic surgeon for a sore throat. I'd almost rather just
suffer even though it feels like I have nails poking my ear drums from
the inside when I swallow. I mostly just don't trust doctors. Unless
they're military or a pediatrician, they're only interested in making
money in my experience.

No comments: