Monday, March 17, 2008

1/2 Marathon in 2:10

I didn't hit my goal time of sub 2 hours, but my sister did. Another friend hit 2:40 which was absolutely awesome since she was swamped by work and didn't get to train as much.

Next one will probably not be till September. Maybe April if I decide to be crazy. There's no way I will let myself get anything below 2:00:00 again.

Update:
I signed up for the September 21st half marathon in Philadelphia. Next year, I'll do a full one. I want to get under 1:30:00 in the half now. Nuts to losing.

Then there's the Army Ten Miler on Oct 5th, but that's not really going to be a huge challenge (so long as it's not all hot like it was last year when that guy my age died). It's mostly just to show the other guys at work that I'm faster than them.

Now I'm thinking that this next half would fit in well with training for the Richmond full marathon. But I might still just be angry that I lost. Or high on caffeine from all the tea I drank today . . .

No comments: